Sunday, December 13, 2009

Delta Experiment in Progress


I've been wanting to get back to the roots and now i have an excuse, which is this fascinating story of falcon training.

I'm off my mark with the color, but i think this kite is on it's way towards what i'm looking for with it's ability to climb high, hang out, and lift a weight.

It is not finished, as i'm not completely satisfied yet, so not ready for sale yet, but getting there. This is a peek at what's been going on.

I had occasion to drive south to drop my Mom off at the Sanford Airport, and go meet Bruce Flora from Kiteman Productions recently at Malcolm Jones Wallaby Ranch where Bruce does a lot of testing. Winds were very low which is what i've been trying to find to test this kite, and it didn't disappoint. I'd still like it to hang up there a little longer, and to that end maybe trying to kick the nose up a bit.

The problem with designing a kite that works really well these days is to do it without copying someone else's ideas. Tim Elverston has solved a lot of these problems and would license his inventions to me, but i'm stubborn and want to re-invent the wheel. It's possible, right!?

Anyway, here we go. Photos by Bruce Flora!

No comments:

Post a Comment